Today’s Top Ten Tuesday prompt is 10 books I’d love to see as movies or TV shows. This is hard, because I always think that books would make great movies/TV shows in theory, but they’re rarely as good as I expect. Nevertheless, here are ten books that I think would transfer well.
- A Great & Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. Actually, the whole Gemma Doyle series. That would be great as a CW show. I can see the dramatic promos now…
- The Diviners by Libba Bray would be great too. I can see it drawing the same kind of attention as American Horror Story.
- I always thought that Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palaniuk would be a great movie. I was really disappointed to find that the film rights were sold, but a movie was never made.
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer would be amazing either as a TV show or a series of movies. Who doesn’t want to see a cyborg saving the world?!
- The Virgin Romance Novelist by Meghan Quinn would be perfect as an HBO (or similar cable network) series. It’s so funny, and I think all the jokes and awkward situations would easily transfer to TV.
- Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain would be a total Lifetime movie, but I could get behind it.
- I would love to see a TV series based on Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins. I can see it being a lot like Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline would be great as a movie. Can you even imagine the virtual reality on the big screen?
- Most Rainbow Rowell books would make good movies, but I think Landline would transfer particularly well.
- I remember thinking when I was in high school that the Fearless series by Francine Pascal would make a great TV show. Even now, in my mid-twenties, I’d watch it.
What books would you like to see on TV or as a movie?