Oh, Halloween. It’s been exactly seven years since I last dressed up. I was a game of Twister, and I did not understand the connotations of that. Oh, to be a newly-independent eighteen-year-old. Should have gone with a literary costume. Much safer.
There are the obvious ideas:
- Hermione Granger from Harry Potter
- Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games
- Daenerys Targaryen from A Song of Ice and Fire
There are the classics:
- The Cat in the Hat
- Alice from Alice in Wonderland
- Matilda (a book lover dressing up as a book lover)
And some ideas based on recent reads:
- Simon Snow from Carry On (Watford uniform, sword of mages, frazzled look)
- Baz Pitch from Carry On (Watford uniform, wand, sinister expression)
- Evie O’Neill from The Diviners series (flapper dress, flask, random objects)
- Lyra Belacqua from His Dark Materials series (winter gear, alethiometer, stuffed animal)
I actually really love Halloween, but now I spend it at home handing out candy to little children whose adorable costumes never cease to amaze me. What literary character would you dress up as?