Happy Top Ten Tuesday! Today’s topic is all about sophomore novels.
Four of these are sophomore novels that I can’t wait to read:
- The Archived by Victoria Schwab
- The Realm of Possibility by David Levithan
- Devoted by Jennifer Mathieu
- Armada by Ernest Cline
And the remaining six are sophomore novels I loved just as much as, if not more than, the author’s debut:
- Ricochet by Krista & Becca Ritchie
- Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
- Golden Son by Pierce Brown
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick
What are your feelings on debuts vs. sophomore novels? Do you usually prefer one over the other? I find that sometimes a great debut gets my hopes up too high for the author’s sophomore novel, but other times I find that the author has really grown since writing their debut, and the follow up is even better.