The year’s not over year, but today’s Top Ten Tuesday theme is top ten best books I read in 2015. Now, I’m not sure if I can do this justice seeing how there’s still a good two weeks of reading ahead of me, but I’ll try. So here, as of 12/15/15, are the best books I’ve read so far this year (in no particular order):
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray. I knew when I first started this book that it would make an impression on me. I’ll probably be including it on best book lists for years to come.
- The Virgin Romance Novelist by Meghan Quinn. I’m not sure how this book could have possibly been so hilarious, but it was and I wish I could read it again, but for the first time.
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. My heart. How can I care about fictional boys so much?
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. This was the first book I read in 2015, and it’s still one of the best.
- Long Way Down by Krista & Becca Ritchie. I’m living in constant anticipation of their next release.
- Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray. As usual, I loved a Libba Bray book. I know, this is such a shock. You can’t even believe it.
- Fuel the Fire by Krista & Becca Ritchie. This showed such a different side of Connor and Rose, and I absolutely loved it.
- The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ann Aguirre. 2015: the year of Sara crying over fictional teenagers.
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. I haven’t even reviewed this one yet, but I loved it. I devoured it in one sitting. I want to be friends with Simon.
- Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins. Buffy the Vampire Slayer is one of my all-time favorite shows, so obviously I loved this book.
This was so hard! I’ll be writing up an official list of my 10 (or 15, or 20, maybe even 25) favorites of 2015 in early January. For now, these are definitely some of the best. What are some of the best books you’ve read so far in 2015?