Happy Top Ten Tuesday! Today is all about great Valentine’s Day reads. Here are ten romances that knocked my socks off (for various reasons).
– Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli – a closeted high school student is blackmailed into coming out when a rival discovers his secret (and anonymous!) email exchanges with another student at the school (things to know: YA, M/M, one of the cutest romances I’ve ever read)
– Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins – shy artist Isla finally gets together with her long-time crush Josh, but can their relationship survive exes and insecurities? (things to know: YA, boarding school setting, frustrating characters, I personally loved it but a lot of people didn’t)
– Amour Amour by Krista & Becca Ritchie – a college student puts her life on hold to audition as an acrobat for the Aerial Ethereal circus, meeting a family of talented acrobats and learning about herself along the way (things to know: NA, flawed characters, not too heavy on the romance but it’s definitely there)
– Long Way Down by Krista & Becca Ritchie – our Addicted crew is all grown up and this book epitomizes everything this series is about (things to know: NA, #9 in a series, heartbreaking in the best possible way)
– Sincerely, Carter by Whitney G. – BFF’s since elementary school realize they’re attracted to each other and it’s so sexy that all the fireworks in the world ignite at the same time (things to know: NA, college setting, BFFs-to-lovers)
– The Deal by Elle Kennedy – smartypants Hannah tutors hockey player Garrett in exchange for his help in romancing her crush, basketball star Justin… but it’s not long before Justin flies out of the picture (things to know: NA, college setting, tortured background, super sexy)
– The Virgin Romance Novelist by Meghan Quinn – would-be romance author Rosie finds that she lacks the experience to write a realistic sex scene, hilarity ensures as she attempts to lose her virginity (things to know: NA, hilarious, surprisingly sexy)
– Blurred Lines by Lauren Layne – womanizer Ben realizes that he’s attracted to his long-time BFF Parker, who happens to be in a committed relationship… but all bets are off when Parker’s boyfriend dumps her for no good reason (things to know: NA, friends to lovers, no instalove)
– Carry On by Rainbow Rowell – Simon Snow’s roommate Baz happens to be his arch rival, his mortal enemy, his nemesis… until they realize they’re in love (things to know: YA, M/M, fantasy setting)
– What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick – Gwen has made some mistakes but is trying to get her life back on track, doesn’t believe that her former flame Cassidy could still have feelings for her after everything that’s happened (things to know: YA, high school setting, deals with important issues)
Bonus: Whatever It Takes by Krista & Becca Ritchie. This is a free web series that the twins update occasionally, featuring two minor characters from the Addicted universe. If you’re looking to be surprised at how much you can care about fictional teenagers, I suggest that you start asap. This is a slow building relationship, and I’m 110% sure it’s going to be the death of me.