Happy Top Ten Tuesday! I’ve been reviewing books on this blog since 2013, but I’ve been reviewing books in general since I was in elementary school. I’ve spent a good twenty years of my life talking about books, but given my social anxiety and fear of the unknown, there are a lot of book-related events I haven’t participated in. Without further ado, here are ten things on my bookish bucket list.
1. Book Expo America. I’ve entertained the idea of going to BEA a few times, but I’ve never been able to find somebody who cares enough about books to go with me. I can’t even imagine being somewhere with so many people who love reading as much as I do. Someday I’ll go.
2. Show up in a book’s blurb. I’ve had a few of my reviews featured on Netgalley, but I can’t even imagine the excitement if one of my reviews was featured in the promo materials – or in the actual book!
3. Come up with and host a reading challenge or weekly event. I guess I’d probably need a bigger following before this could be successful, but how cool would it be to come up with something that people all around the world want to participate in?
4. Author signing event. Much like BEA, I have yet to find somebody who wants to go with me to one of these! Krista & Becca Ritchie, in particular, are great about meeting up with their fans. Hopefully, someday they’ll come to the NY/NJ/PA area and I’ll be able to go.
5. Read all the books I own. I’ve made this a goal a few times and I have yet to succeed.
6. Visit The Strand bookstore in NYC. I used to go to Manhattan fairly frequently, but now I usually head to Brooklyn when I’m in that area. One of these days, I am going to go to that bookstore, and I am going to spend the day there, and I am going to be absolutely thrilled. This is one actually achievable goal!
7. Visit the NYC Public Library. Maybe I should just make a day of going to NYC and doing bookish things.
8. Organize and display my books. I used to be pretty good about this, but I moved a couple months ago and all of my books are still in boxes. I would love to have beautiful bookshelves like you see on Instagram.
9. Become a Goodreads librarian. Misinformation kills me, so I’d love to be able to correct mistakes, combine editions, and help keep one of my favorite websites running smoothly.
10. Reread the complete Addicted series. There are ten books! But reading Damaged Like Us made me want to go back to the beginning and see where these characters started out. And, while I loved the first couple books in the series, I didn’t actually rate them very highly. I’d like to see if I appreciate them more now that I know the whole story.
Do you have a bookish bucket list? If so, what’s on it? Do you want to be my bookish BFF and do these things with me?