I follow Book Riot on Feedly, and fairly recently they had a post called “To the Series I Haven’t Finished.” This post is all about the reasons the author has for not finishing series – maybe she doesn’t want it to end, or maybe she was satisfied with the last book she read and can’t imagine how the author would continue the plot.
I thought this was a really interesting idea for a blog post since there are a ton of series that I’ve started and not finished. Here are just a few books that come to mind when I think of unfinished series.
There are the ones that I just haven’t found time to finish:
- Miss Mayhem (Rebel Belle #2) by Rachel Hawkins
- Beastly Bones (Jackaby #2) by William Ritter
- The Mistake (Off Campus #2) by Elle Kennedy
- Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity #2) by Victoria Schwab
The ones that I fell out of love with:
- The Master Magician (The Paper Magician #3) by Charlie N. Holmberg
- City of Heavenly Fire (Mortal Instruments #6) by Cassandra Clare
The ones I never really fell in love with:
And the ones I’m afraid to read because my hopes are so high:
- The Girl in the Spider’s Web (Millennium #4) by Steig Larsson & David Lagercrantz
- Morning Star (Red Rising #3) by Pierce Brown
Are there any series that you’ve stopped reading midway through?