You know, back in the day, I used to get all my reading done over the summer. Summer vacation was a time to catch up on books, marathon an entire series (or several), and head over to my BFF’s house (or meet her at the ice cream shop — I am from Wisconsin, after all) to talk about our latest book obsessions. Now that I’m a Certified Adult, my summers are crazy! I’m expected to actually go places and do things and be sociable and still have a full-time job? I’m not sure if I’ll be able to cross all of these books off my TBR by the end of the summer, but I’m sure going to try.
- Are you sick of me hyping up To Be Honest yet? I haven’t even read it and I can’t stop talking about it!
- My boyfriend grabbed How to Breathe Underwater for me at BookCon and although it wasn’t on my radar before, I’m really excited to read it now!
- I am beyond excited to read Running With Lions. Not only did Becky Albertalli recommend it as a good fluffy romance, but Julian Winters could not have possibly been nicer when I met him at BookCon.
- I’m not really sure why I did this to myself, but I requested Salvation on Netgalley and was actually approved. I really love Peter F. Hamilton and I think he’s a fantastic writer, but this book is huge and it’s just going to make me want to read more of his stuff.
- I had planned to read Bring Me Their Hearts a couple weeks ago, but it never happened. Maybe if I add it to this list, I can shame myself into finally picking it up.
- I also thought I would’ve read Kingdom of Ash and Soot by now, but I didn’t! Hopefully this weekend.
- The Astonishing Color of After has been on my nightstand for months and I need to find the time to read it!
- Same with The Queen’s Rising! Why haven’t I picked this one up yet? I think I’ve had it since February!
- The Book of Essie isn’t the kind of book that I typically read, but it sounds amazing and it’s been getting such great reviews! It’s my June Book of the Month and maybe I’ll actually read it within a reasonable timeframe.
- Ink, Iron, and Glass was my Uppercase book from March (I think?) and I’m just not that excited about it! It has mediocre reviews and steampunk isn’t really my thing, but I’m ready for it to be off my TBR! (And hopefully I’ll end up liking it.)
- Why did I preorder Leah on the Offbeat if it was just going to sit on my nightstand, unread, for several months? Valid question. Please let me know if you figure out the answer.
- I won Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit in a giveaway earlier this year and I still haven’t taken the time to read it! Why am I the worst?!
- My first experience with Jay Kristoff is going to be a buddy read of Nevernight with Leslie! We’re starting this one pretty soon and I’m super excited about it!
- I’m also planning a buddy read of The Catcher in the Rye with Daniel! I last read this book in high school so I’m really curious about how different my opinions will be now.
- I might as well throw a Pulitzer winner on my summer TBR, right? Why not Less?
- I don’t read a ton of poetry, but I really enjoyed Milk and Honey. I’m looking forward to reading The Sun and Her Flowers too.
- I always have to be reading some type of non-fiction, so this summer I’m hoping to read When by Daniel H. Pink. Please enlighten me on how to be more productive and when to appropriately change careers.
- It seems like overall, Educated is getting pretty great reviews! This book sounds super interesting and I can’t wait for my library hold to finally come in.
- Let’s just end things on a pretty dire note with Fascism: A Warning. I actually really enjoyed How Democracies Die, so I’m sure I’ll find this one really interesting (and timely) also.
What are you planning to read this summer?
Have you read any of the books on my list?
Let me know in the comments!