The Debut Author Challenge is a yearly reading challenge hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. Participants are encouraged to read twelve or more middle grade, young adult, and new adult debuts. To count toward the challenge, the books must be published in the year they’re read. Jana provides a helpful list of debuts if you’re interested in participating!
My last Debut Author Challenge update was kind of disappointing. It was back in March and I’d only read three books toward my goal of twelve, which I suppose means I was on track, but it still felt wrong. Now, I’m happy to report that I’ve read a whole bunch of debuts and I have a whole bunch more waiting to be read.
Read so far:
- I Stop Somewhere by T.E. Carter
- Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young
- A Conspiracy of Stars by Olivia A. Cole
- Frat Girl by Kiley Roache
- The Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven
- Kiss of the Royal by Lindsey Duga
- Love Scene, Take Two by Alex Evansley
- Always Never Yours by Emily Wibberley and Austin Siegemund-Broka
Not yet read, but next up:
Taunting me from my nightstand–
- The Queen’s Rising by Rebecca Ross
- The Astonishing Color of After by Emily X.R. Pan
- How to Breathe Underwater by Vicky Skinner
- Running With Lions by Julian Winters
- Down and Across by Arvin Ahmadi
Taunting me from my library–
- People Like Us by Dana Mele (which has been on hold forever)
Still hoping to read:
- You’ll Miss Me When I’m Gone by Rachel Lynn Solomon
- Nice Try, Jane Sinner by Lianne Oelke
- Love, Hate & Other Filters by Samira Ahmed
- Let’s Talk About Love by Claire Kann
Have you read any debuts this year? What’s been your favorite so far?
Am I missing any great debuts or should I strike some of these from my list?