What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion. –Okoto Enigma
The rules for the award are:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. (Okoto Enigma – link above).
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Here are three things about me:
(Honestly, with the number of facts about myself I’ve shared since starting this blog, any one of you could probably steal my identity.)
1. I mentioned once before that I made the terrible decision to join the dance team in seventh grade. I went through old photos when I was visiting my mom and remembered that the first song we learned a dance to was Party Up by DMX. Imagine a bunch of 12-year-olds in a conservative small town in Wisconsin (in a CATHOLIC MIDDLE SCHOOL ok, that “SMMS” stands for ST. MARY’S MIDDLE SCHOOL) dancing to “You come around, it’s like (what) I just gotta get my dick sucked / And I don’t know who the fuck you think you talkin’ to.” NOBODY SAID ANYTHING.
2. I do the majority of my blog hopping while I’m on hold at work! (Also most of my responses to comments.) The more active I am, the more phone calls I’ve had to make. And if I’m really quiet, it probably means that someone called out and I’m covering somewhere else or I’ve been in meetings all day, both of which are the actual worst.
3. One time an elderly patient in my office asked me if I was married and I told him that I had a boyfriend but wasn’t married. He told me that was a crime and proposed to me. He provided several reasons why I should marry him, my favorite being “I have Bluetooth hearing aids.” ❤ (My boyfriend’s response? “Well, Sara, if an 85-year-old man with Bluetooth hearing aids will make you happy, you should go for it.”)
5 questions from Erica:
If you’d recommend a book to a non-reader, what would it be?
I would probably recommend a book like Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. It’s good, it’s entertaining, and it’s easy to read.
Is there a movie adaptation that you liked more than its book? Specify.
So, the thing is, I don’t watch that many movies. I also only tend to watch adaptations of books I really liked, so it’s pretty rare for me to like the movie more than the book. I can’t think of any adaptations I’ve liked better than the book, sorry!
What do you think is the most beautiful thing about reading?
I just think it’s amazing that I can shout about my feelings over a book on the internet and walk away with actual friendships. ❤
Your favorite drink/food when reading?
I don’t really eat or drink while reading! If anything, it’s my morning coffee. ☕️
Okay, here’s a fun question. What was the last book that made you laugh so hard? And what’s so funny about it?
The last book that made me laugh really hard was The Pawn by Skye Warren. It’s not actually a funny book, but I just couldn’t believe a lot of what was happening and I couldn’t believe that the main character actually referred to her love interest as a “virgin whisperer.”
5 questions from Clarissa:
Here’s my ‘funny’ question. If you had to pick a song from a Disney movie to describe your life, which would you pick and why?
I really have no idea, so I took a quiz at Oh My Disney. Apparently Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious perfectly describes my life, because “You are a fun person who doesn’t take life too seriously. Not that you can’t buckle down and do what needs to be done, but you know that simple changes can make life more magical. You know how to make a job into a game, and medicine into candy. Everybody could use a friend like you!” Okay.
My weird question. Team Edward or Team Jacob?! lmao. No, who is your book crush and why?
Everybody who has ever read my blog probably knows the answer to this. IT’S MICHAEL PHAN. ❤ ❤ ❤
What is the worst book you have ever read?
What is the ugliest book cover you’ve ever seen?
Hmm, good question. I’m going to go with the terrible cover of a book I absolutely HATED, What Wendy Wants by Nikki Sex.
Do you like to listen to music when you read?
Sometimes! It depends on what’s happening around me. If it’s quiet, I usually read without music, but if there’s a lot going on (like if I’m on a plane with a lot of loud people) I’ll definitely turn on some background music. I read Darius the Great is Not Okay with Melodrama blasting in the background because there were toddler twins three rows in front of me who literally screamed from the minute the plane took off until the minute it landed.
5 questions from Amy:
What three characters (from a book, TV show, or movie) would you like to have as guests at a dinner party?
Oh, this is good preparation for the dinner party tag that I’ll be eventually doing at some point!! Since I’m currently reading Not So Nice Guy by R.S. Grey, I’m going with Ian Fletcher. He seems like he’d make a really great best friend. (I’ll let Sam keep the benefits.) Also Michael Phan from The Kiss Quotient, just because. My third choice is Davis Price from Arm Candy because I have to have some snark to balance out the sweetness of the other two attendees.
What fictional world would you most like to visit?
Hmm, a lot of my favorite fictional worlds are ones that I wouldn’t necessarily want to exist in. I think I’ll go with my old standby of Henrietta, VA. (Home of the Raven Boys.)
How do you get to your job/school now? If you lived in a fantasy world, how would you get to your job/school?
Since my boyfriend and I live together and work down the street from each other, we carpool. In a fantasy world, I would be able to teleport anywhere, anytime.
What are you most proud of?
I’m probably most proud of the fact that I’ve been taking care of myself since I turned 18. It’s not like I don’t get along with my mom (I really love her a lot), but when I moved out for college, I never really moved back. I think it’s made me a lot more independent of a person than I would have been had I stayed at home longer. I’m also rather proud of moving across the country at 22 years old. I don’t think I’d have enough courage and optimism to do that now.
(My “weird” question) What is your theme song?
Ah, yes, my theme song. I’m one of those people that likes to say “OH MY GOD THIS IS MY SONG” when I’m in the car, or at my desk, or walking through the grocery store, or whatever. My ultimate theme song is “Here” by Alessia Cara. It made my life when I got to see her perform it live last summer.
Anyway, this is actually me in any social situation ever. (OH GOD, WHY AM I HERE.)
TEN TO TWENTY PEOPLE? I DON’T THINK SO.
As always, no pressure. Let me know if you like tags and also if you hate them!
(I’m borrowing from questions I’ve been asked because I cannot think of any more questions right now.)
- Do you get any book subscription boxes? If so, which ones and do you like them? If not, would you like to?
- Who’s one fictional character (book or otherwise) that you relate to?
- Do you have any other book-related accounts? (Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Goodreads, etc) Feel free to share your links!
- What makes you happy?
- (I like Erica’s funny question!) What’s the last book that made you laugh really hard?
My best posts:
By stats alone, my three best posts are…
- My 500 follower giveaway (shocking)
- Top Ten Tuesday: Best of 2018 (so far)
- Book Personality Challenge + Mid Year Freak Out