Happy Top Ten Tuesday! Today’s theme is books to pull you out of a reading slump.
Ah, the reading slump, my old friend. Most often the result of a book hangover, the reading slump taunts me as I try and fail to care about whatever book I’m attempting to read. Luckily, there are some tried-and-true slump-busters out there! Here are ten books that have worked for me.
The first thing I try to do when I’m in a slump is read some really cute contemporary YA romances!
- Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett
- Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi
- Love Scene, Take Two by Alex Evansley
If that doesn’t work, something by one of my favorite authors usually will!
- The Beau & the Belle by R.S. Grey
- Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
- Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren
But yikes, if contemporary YA romances and books by my favorite authors don’t do the trick, I might try mixing it up with a different genre than usual!
- Fantasyland by Kurt Andersen (politics)
- Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson (humor/memoir)
- Faithful Place by Tana French (mystery)
And if all else fails, a good audiobook usually does the trick!
- La Belle Sauvage by Philip Pullman
What do you do to get out of a reading slump?
Did you participate in Top Ten Tuesday this week?