Happy Top Ten Tuesday! Today’s theme is a back-to-school freebie, and I decided to go with ten non-fiction books I want to read. I was not the biggest fan of non-fiction when I was in college. I’d slog through these huge linguistics texts which were really interesting but also really dense (and of course I always had to take like two lit classes as electives every semester just to make things difficult for myself) and sometimes I’d have to slog through a big non-fiction book written in Spanish, which was just even better. I learned a lot, I got my degree, I hated it. I have a bigger appreciation for non-fiction now that I read it voluntarily.
So. Anyway. Here are ten non-fiction books that I really want to read!
- On Tyranny by Timothy Snyder | a recommendation from Adam @ Roof Beam Reader!
- The Romanovs by Simon Sebag Montefiore | even though it’ll take me six years to read it
- Russian Roulette by Michael Isikoff & David Corn | I can honestly never read enough books about this topic
- The Brave Athlete by Simon Marshall & Lesley Paterson | I am not an athlete in any way, shape, or form, but someone needs to tell me how to calm the fuck down, so it might as well be this book
- The Radium Girls by Kate Moore | I’ve heard so much about this book and I really want to read it!
- Enlightenment Now by Steven Pinker | I want to read this book, but I’m also a little scared because the last Steven Pinker book I read took me forever to get through
- So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo & Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge | This is such an important topic and I personally feel like it’s my responsibility to educate myself as much as I can
- Devil’s Bargain by Joshua Green | hopefully I’ll like this more than I liked Fire and Fury
- Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson | first of all, I really liked Furiously Happy but second of all, I’ve wanted to read this book forever and I need to just do it
Did you do your own Top Ten Tuesday post today? Feel free to leave your link and I’ll check out your post! Are there any nonfiction books you want to read? Let’s talk in the comments!