Links: Amazon • TBD • Goodreads
Publication Date: September 1, 2015
The queen has returned.
Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she’s at last returned to the empire—for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past…
She has embraced her identity as Aelin Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen. But before she can reclaim her throne, she must fight.
She will fight for her cousin, a warrior prepared to die for her. She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison. And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen’s triumphant return.
The fourth volume in the New York Times bestselling series continues Celaena’s epic journey and builds to a passionate, agonizing crescendo that might just shatter her world.
Continuing on with my marathon of the Throne of Glass series, I’m happy to say that I liked Queen of Shadows a lot more than I liked Heir of Fire. It might have taken me eight days to read this book (I had ambitiously hoped for four days), but I really enjoyed it! I’m (again) going to try to avoid spoiling anything for the series that hasn’t already been spoiled by the synopsis, so my review will (again) be pretty vague.
Here are my bullet points for Queen of Shadows:
- There were some real plot twists in this book and I gasped and yelled and felt a lot of emotions and that was a big change from how I felt during Heir of Fire.
- I’m really starting to like Manon more! I feel like she’s had really great character development and I can’t wait to see what happens next with her.
- The Valg thing… it was a lot. I get it, it was a good source of conflict for the book, but the forced impregnations especially were just a lot.
- I still like Rowan a lot and I’m just about dying from the sexual tension.
- Lysandra! She’s so great!
- I hope everything is going to turn out okay for Elide.
I’m taking a tiny little break from this series to catch up on some other books, but hopefully I’ll be jumping right into Empire of Storms by this time next week.
Have you read Queen of Shadows? Is it on your TBR?
Let’s talk in the comments!
Find me all over the internet: Goodreads | Twitter | Bloglovin’