Continuing on with my marathon of the Throne of Glass series, I’m happy to say that I liked Queen of Shadows a lot more than I liked Heir of Fire. It might have taken me eight days to read this book (I had ambitiously hoped for four days), but I really enjoyed it! I’m (again) going to try to avoid spoiling anything for the series that hasn’t already been spoiled by the synopsis, so my review will (again) be pretty vague.
Here are my bullet points for Queen of Shadows:
- There were some real plot twists in this book and I gasped and yelled and felt a lot of emotions and that was a big change from how I felt during Heir of Fire.
- I’m really starting to like Manon more! I feel like she’s had really great character development and I can’t wait to see what happens next with her.
- The Valg thing… it was a lot. I get it, it was a good source of conflict for the book, but the forced impregnations especially were just a lot.
- I still like Rowan a lot and I’m just about dying from the sexual tension.
- Lysandra! She’s so great!
- I hope everything is going to turn out okay for Elide.
I’m taking a tiny little break from this series to catch up on some other books, but hopefully I’ll be jumping right into Empire of Storms by this time next week.