I wasn’t tagged to do the Do I have that book challenge, but I saw it on Jessica’s blog and it looked like a ton of fun, so I had to participate! In the interest of full disclosure, I’ll mention that I am in the middle of moving and so many of my books are in boxes. This should be an interesting challenge, but here we go!
You can see the Youtube video that this challenge originated from here.
. Time yourself trying to find each prompt on your shelf
2. Try and beat the time of the person who challenged you.
3. Don’t forget to tag your challenger and the original creator.
4. Have fun!
1. Do you have a book with deckled edges?
I actually own two copies of An Assassin’s Guide to Love & Treason even though I haven’t read it yet.
2. Do you have a book with 3+ people on the cover?
A whole crowd resides on the cover of A Study in Honor.
3. Do you have a book based on another fictional story?
4. Do you have a book with a title 10 letters long?
I’m sure I have many, but the first one I found was In the Woods.
5. Do you have a book with a title that starts and ends with the same letter?
6. Do you have a Mass Market Paperback book?
I don’t have many mass market paperbacks, but I do have What We Find.
7. Do you have a book written by an author using a pen name?
You know, I’m going to say that Ship of Theseus counts for this. It’s a story within a story. It might be a stretch, but I’m going for it.
8. Do you have a book with a character’s name in the title?
I actually forgot that I own The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.
9. Do you have a book with 2 maps in it?
Dance of Thieves has a map inside the front and back covers.
10. Do you have a book that was turned into a TV show?
Though I’m not a fan of the series, I do own several of the Mortal Instruments books.
11. Do you have a book written by someone who is originally famous for something else? (celebrity/athlete/politician/TV personality…)
I thought I didn’t, and then I remembered that I have a book by Michelle Phan.
12. Do you have a book with a clock on the cover?
Timebound doesn’t have a clock on the cover, but it has an hourglass and I’m calling that close enough.
13. Do you have a poetry book?
Many thanks, again, to Benjamin Davis for sending me The King of FU. Not only was it fun, but it helped me answer this prompt.
14. Do you have a book with an award stamp on it?
15. Do you have a book written by an author with the same initials as you?
I believe that the only book I own by someone with the initials “S.N.” is The Secrets Between You and Me by Shana Norris.
16. Do you have a book of short stories?
The first anthology that came to mind was Geektastic.
17. Do you have a book that is between 500-510 pages long?
I tried not to repeat books, but with so many of my books in boxes, the only one I could come up with was Dance of Thieves.
18. Do you have a book that was turned into a movie?
I’m sure I have several. One off the top of my head is The Fault in Our Stars.
19. Do you have a graphic novel?
I read a ton of graphic novels, but I get most of them from the library! I think the only one I actually own is American Born Chinese.
20. Do you have a book written by 2 or more authors?
I have many books by two or more authors since I own a few anthologies, but I decided to go with The Raging Ones for this prompt.
I had a lot of fun doing this one, but definitely lost track of time! (Oops.) I also included some ebooks that I know I own, but I didn’t see anything that said they had to be physical books. 🙂
I’m not going to tag anybody in particular to do this one, but please feel free to steal this tag if you think it looks fun! If you end up doing it, please link back to this post so that I can see your answers. ❤