In case you missed it, here are this week’s blog posts:
- Page Count: May 2019
- Monthly Favorites: May 2019
- Massive Bookcon Giveaway!!!
- Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite books from my favorite genre
- Reading Challenge Update
- Let’s Talk About: Lowest rated books on my TBR
- Let’s Talk About: BookCon 2019
- Review: This One Summer by Mariko Tamaki
I’ve been reading:
- We’ll Fly Away by Bryan Bliss (set aside for now)
- Monstress, Vol. 1 by Marjorie Liu (DNF)
- A Week to be Wicked by Tessa Dare
In addition to the pile of books I got at BookCon, I also bought a few used books:
- Rant by Chuck Palahniuk
- Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler
- The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw
- Immunity by Taylor Antrim
3 things this week:
- I saw twenty one pilots on Wednesday! It was an absolutely amazing show, as expected, and my love for them has at least doubled.
- I DNFed Monstress by Marjorie Liu, not because it was necessarily bad, but because it just wasn’t my kind of graphic novel. I think I made it about 12 pages in before I lost interest.
- I also set aside We’ll Fly Away by Bryan Bliss, at least for now. It’s a library book that I’ve already renewed once that I can tell is well-written, but I’m just not in the mood for a sad story right now. I’ll probably check it out again at some point, but it’s just not happening right now.
Song of the week:
I was trying to think of what my favorite song from Regional At Best is and I’m not even sure. It’s such a great album overall, but Slowtown is definitely near the top of the list.
How was your week? What’s the best thing you read or listened to? Anything interesting happening in your life? Let’s talk in the comments!