It’s been six months since I shared my Ultimate 2019 TBR (100 books), so it’s time to do the first check-in. I don’t think I’ve done the best job at sticking to this TBR, but I didn’t do quite as terribly as I thought I would.
ALREADY OWNED: READ 7/60 (yikes)
Well, I do openly admit that I’m pretty bad about reading things that I actually own. I hated a lot of the seven books that I read, but I did really enjoy The Rest of Us Just Live Here and Practical Magic.
UPCOMING RELEASES: READ 3/20
I have a lot to say about this section! Let’s see…
- I’ve removed We Contain Multitudes from my TBR since it just doesn’t sound like the kind of book I’d like
- I have an ARC of The Last Hope that I’ll be reading soon
- I’ve preordered both Rainbow Rowell books
- I got On the Come Up as a Book of the Month, so hopefully I’ll get around to it soon enough
- I’m currently reading The Music of What Happens, so I figure it counts as a book read, even though I haven’t finished it yet
BOOKS TO GET FROM THE LIBRARY: READ 6/40
The goal of this section was to check books out from the library, but it turns out that I’ve since bought more than one of these…
TOTAL: READ 16/100 (so far!)
I honestly thought that I would have read about three of the books from this list, so I’m not too disappointed to find out that I’m at least in the double digits. I checked out a few of these books from the library this week, so hopefully I’ll be crossing off a few more of these soon!
Did you make a TBR list for the year? If so, how are you doing? Have you read any of these books? Let’s talk in the comments!