I really buckled down on my challenges in November, so I’m excited to take a look at my progress.
Monthly Motif is a reading challenge hosted by girlxoxo.
November’s theme was seasons, elements, and weather. Specifically, the instruction was to “embrace a winter wonderland setting, pick a beach read, or read about a natural disaster. As long as a season, element, or the weather plays a key role in the story or is part of the title, it counts.” I really had no idea where I was going with this one, but it turned out that the first book I read in November was set on the water! I also ended up reading a couple more books that I think should count.
- Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman
- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
December’s theme is last chance. I’ve been meaning to read The Bride Test ever since it was announced and my library hold finally came in, so I’m currently working my way through that one.
I finished a total of 26 books in November, bringing me to a total of 158 books this year.
Popsugar hosts a reading challenge every year. You can find out more information on their website.
I crossed off a ton of prompts in November. I think I only have two left!
- a book becoming a movie in 2019
- a book with at least 1,000,000 ratings on Goodreads
- a book with “pop,” “sugar,” or “challenge” in the title
- a book with a title that contains “salty,” “sweet,” “bitter,” or “spicy”
- a book set in Scandinavia
- a book with a zodiac sign or astrology term in the title
Romanceopoly is a reading challenge hosted by Under the Covers and Peace Love Books.
Hoopla really came in handy for me in November. I might not have enjoyed a lot of what I read (or, probably better said, attempted), but I crossed off a bunch of prompts.
How are you doing on your reading challenges? Do you have any recommendations for me? Let’s talk in the comments!