Many thanks to Meghan and Fizza for the nominations for the Mystery Blogger Award!
If you’re interested, you can see the previous versions of this award here:
1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10
What Is the Mystery Blogger Award?
It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Facts About Me
- I used to be really into fonts. I could look at a website and tell you all the fonts they used and I probably had a good thousand or so on my computer. I still think fonts are fun, but I’m not nearly as obsessed as I was.
- It’s getting to the end of January and I’m still wearing Christmas socks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- I have a new special project at work and recently found out that several million dollars are on the line and am kind of freaking out. (But it’ll be fine.)
Questions from Meghan
On the spot: favourite book from your favourite genre?
YA contemporaries are my favorite, and Starry Eyes is my favorite YA contemporary. ❤
Favourite book of 2019?
I actually just answered this in a different tag! What are the chances. 🙂 My favorite of 2019 was Sadie.
Can an author’s reputation affect your thinking about their books? (I like this question so I’m going use it)
Yes and no. I mean, if I like a book, I like a book. I might not like the way Mackenzi Lee acts, treats her fans, or uses her status as a bestselling author, but I can still recognize that The Gentleman’s Guide was a really fun book. That said, do I have any desire to support her further? No.
Any end of the year goals you’re striving for?
Well, I’m getting to this tag a little late, so I’m going to talk about my goals for early 2020 instead. I have two immediate goals:
- Get through my backlog of ARCs! I moved in September and got into a huge reading slump. I listened to a lot of audiobooks, but physical books are still difficult for me. I have a ton of ARCs I need to read and I’m making it a goal to get through one a week.
- Finish my 2019 reviews. I was so backed up on reviews that at one point, I think I had like thirty that I had to write. I’m mostly caught up, although there are a couple from 2019 that I still need to get to. This weekend is my deadline!
Have you started thinking about your 2020 goals (if you make them)?
I decided to take it easy in 2020 and not overwhelm myself with challenges. I did a post about my reading goals here. In addition to that, I’d love to do some more collabs with authors (I’m so bad at making the first move, though), attend some more bookish events (I’m going to a Sarah J. Maas event in March!), and get back into blog hopping.
Questions from Fizza
Who is your role model?
Honestly, I don’t know that I really have one. There are a lot of qualities I admire in a lot of different people, but there isn’t one person I look at and say, “Hey, I want to be just like them.”
What is one place you have always wanted to visit? Did you visit it or is it still on your bucket list?
I’ve always wanted to go to Spain, and I’ve never been there. It’ll happen someday!
What was the best thing about 2019 and what are your hopes for 2020?
2019 was a year with a lot of changes. I made the decision that I needed to do what was best for me, so I quit my job and moved across the country. A lot of people had a lot of opinions about it, but I’m happier now than I’ve ever been.
My hopes for 2020 are that it will continue to be great! Now I’d like to find a good balance between work, fun, and relaxing.
If you could live anywhere in the world for one year where would you go?
Definitely Costa Rica. I spent some time there a few years ago and it was so pretty and so relaxing.
Who is your favorite fictional character?
Does Pusheen count?
Recent(ish) Posts That I’m Proud Of
- End of Year Survey: 2019 Edition
- Review: Jealous Revenge by Octavia Singleton
- Top Ten Tuesday: Changes in my reading life
I’m not going to nominate anyone in particular this time around, but please feel free to answer these questions if you’d like! Do you have a role model? What are some goals you have for 2020? Let’s talk in the comments!
Find me all over the internet: Goodreads | Twitter | Bloglovin’