Hello! It’s been a really long time. Like, over two years. If you’re still here and you’re reading this post, thank you!
In case you missed it, here are this week’s blog posts:
- None for the last two years, but that’s about to change!
I’ve been reading:
- nothing this week!
this week since my last post:
- I didn’t intend to disappear for two years, but somehow that’s how long it’s been since my last post! I got very burned out from reading enough to maintain my self-imposed schedule and hardly read anything for about a year and a half. I’m slowly getting back into reading and the itch to write blog posts is back! But this blog will probably look a little different going forward. (I’m still figuring that out.)
- So, anyway, what’s been going on for the last two years? First off, I’m married now! I got married in February 2021, which is so long ago that it seems impossible that I never discussed it here! (But I will be talking about it soon!)
- I moved across the country (again)! That happened in April 2021. I’m back in my home state of Wisconsin, although not in my hometown.
- I bought a house! That was in January of this year. Owning a home is nice because if I want to paint the walls or landscape the yard or be really loud or get another pet, nobody is going to stop me. But I also miss just calling maintenance when something breaks! So many things break when you buy a house and you’re just expected to… deal with it? Doesn’t seem very fair.
- Arguably the biggest news since my last post is that I had a baby! He was born in July and he’s definitely the cutest baby I’ve ever seen. (And the biggest adjustment I’ve ever had to make. I’ve taken care of a lot of babies in my life and I thought I was prepared. I was 100% not prepared, but we’re getting through it!)
How was your week? What’s the best thing you read or listened to? Anything interesting happening in your life? Let’s talk in the comments!