In case you missed it, here are this week’s blog posts:
- Review: Calm the F*ck Down by Sarah Knight
- Review: All the F*cking Mistakes by Gigi Engle
- Top Ten Tuesday: Books I love to hate
- WWW Wednesday
- Mini-Reviews: Shiver & All the Crooked Saints
- Review: The Boyfriend App by Katie Sise
I’ve been reading:
- nothing this week!
5 things this week:
It’s been a week. I’ll start with the good.
- New York was great! I always have such a great time when I go there, and there were things I didn’t even realize I’d missed about the east coast until I was back, like good bagels. I haven’t had a single good bagel since I moved to Tennessee. I had multiple good bagels in New York.
- I met Ellen Hopkins?? Honestly, it all kind of seems like a dream or something, but it’s a thing that happened.
- I saw the most amazing show while I was there, and I’m not even sure it should be called a “show” since it’s more like an experience, but if you’re ever in NYC, do yourself a favor and go see Then She Fell. It’s an immersive, interactive, spooky performance that combines Alice in Wonderland with Lewis Carroll’s life.
- I also watched Taylor Swift’s documentary, Miss Americana, and it was so good that I wanted to cry. I just wanted to hug her.
And then the bad…
- I, a person who never gets sick, was struck down by the flu two weeks ago and then struck down again by a different upper respiratory infection this week. It would be great if people could just… contain their germs. Is it really that hard? I can’t wait for the day when I can actually breathe again without triggering an awful coughing fit.
Song of the week:
How was your week? What’s the best thing you read or listened to? Anything interesting happening in your life? Let’s talk in the comments!