I was nominated by Thrice Read and Princess of Pages for the Unique Blogger Award! Thank you so much for the nominations! ❤ ❤
If you’re interested, you can see the previous takes here, here, and here!
- Display the award!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Answer the questions they’ve written for you!
8-13 bloggers and give them three questions in the spirit of sharing love and solidarity within our blogging family!
3 questions from Thrice Read:
Why do you blog? What is the driving force behind your decision to continue to blog?
I blog because I just love talking about books so much. ❤ And I continue to blog because I love the book blogging community so much. ❤
How do you determine what you’re going to read next?
I usually plan out my blog posts a couple months in advance, so if all goes according to plan, I read whatever needs to be reviewed next. If I’m good on reviews for the next couple weeks, I can read whatever I feel like, which usually ends up being something from the library or something from one of my many piles. Sometimes I can get completely derailed, though, and that’s what happened over the last couple weeks. Now I’m kind of marathoning ARCs so that I can get their reviews out before publication.
What book will you always remember? Why?
I read a lot of books, so they tend to blend together over time. The ones that I remember really well are usually the ones that I’ve had strong opinions about and talked about a lot with other people. So, some examples: Nevernight, The Catcher in the Rye, The Pawn, and All Of This Is True.
3 questions from Princess of Pages:
Have you ever been to a book signing? If so, who?
I have been to a book signing event, but I didn’t get anything signed because I was so unprepared! I just ran out of my house when I saw on Twitter that it was happening! I just stayed for the author talk part since the actual “talk to the authors” part was ticketed and limited to eighteen and younger. (Why am I old.) The authors that were there were Emily X.R. Pan, Anica Mrose Rissi, Nisha Sharma, Claire Legrand, Laurie Harrison, and Cordelia Jensen. Megan McCafferty was also there, but I don’t think she was signing. I did a whole post about it here.
If you were stranded on an island, what crew would you want to be with you? Pick 4 book characters
- Mia Corvere from Nevernight, because she would protect me from anything scary on the island.
- Connor Cobalt from Kiss the Sky (and many other books), because he could probably just make a phone call and get us off the island.
- Sam from Emergency Contact, because I feel like he would be able to distract me from the disaster around me until help arrived.
- Lennon Mackenzie from Starry Eyes, because he would probably actually know how to survive on the island.
What are your top reads you think everyone should read?
I don’t know that there are many books that everyone should read, since everyone has different reading tastes. That said, here are some books I’d recommend:
- If you’re interested in social justice and race relations in America: The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- If you like banter and enemies-to-lovers romances: The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
- If you want to read about a badass assassin and her not-cat: Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
- What’s a book that you wish got more attention?
- What are your hobbies aside from reading and blogging?
- What’s your most anticipated release for the rest of the year?
It’s time for nominations!
Rae ❤ Jaymi ❤ Krisha ❤ Karoline
No pressure if you don’t want to participate! If you like tags and I never tag you, please let me know! And if I didn’t tag you and you want to answer these questions, please feel free and make sure to tag me in your post so I can see your answers.