It’s time for a couple new tags! It always makes me so happy when I see that I’ve been tagged in something, so thank you to Siobhan and Yes More Blogs for putting a smile on my face recently! I have a few more tags coming in the next few days but I figured this was good for today.
As always, if I’ve tagged you to do something you’re not interested in, feel free to ignore me! And if you like being tagged in things and I never tag you, just drop me a comment and I’ll get you next time!
I was tagged by Siobhan @ Siobhan’s Novelties to do the Reader Confession Tag! Thanks so much for tagging me!
Have you ever damaged a book?
Yes, unfortunately. I once dropped a book in the bathtub (so cliche), which is probably the worst I’ve ever damaged one.
How long does it take you to read a book?
I think most books probably average two days? Although it can be longer or shorter depending on how much I like or dislike it.
Books that you haven’t finished?
I really don’t DNF very often! There are only a few since I started keeping track:
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman (I talked about this before. I was moving across the country and life was a little crazy. I think I just need to try again.)
- By Blood by Ellen Ullman
- The Returned by Jason Mott
- Next August by Kelly Moore
- Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
Hyped/popular books you don’t like?
There are so many! I generally expect hyped books to be amazing and I get really disappointed when they aren’t.
- Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- Kissing Max Holden by Katy Upperman
- Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
- I Hate Everyone But You by Gaby Dunn & Allison Raskin
Is there a book you wouldn’t tell anyone you were reading?
I’m pretty open about what I read but I guess it depends on who’s asking. It’s not like I want to have a conversation about the merits of erotica with my boss.
How many books do you own?
According to my Goodreads shelf, it’s 447, but that might be a little off.
Are you a fast or a slow reader?
I’m usually a pretty fast reader, but it really depends on how much I’m enjoying it. If I’m really into it, I can fly through a book in one sitting. But if I’m not really into it, it can take me two or three weeks to read 300 pages.
Do you like to buddy read?
I’ve never done a buddy read but I would love to! I need somebody to rant and rave with!
Do you read better in your head or out loud?
Definitely in my head, although I can do a pretty decent job of reading to toddlers!
If you were only allowed to own one book, what would it be and why?
I’m assuming that I can still read other books, I just can’t own them? I scrolled through all of my five-star reviews on Goodreads and I think the best option is Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren. Honestly, this book was just so good and gave me so many emotions and it was just such good storytelling.
I was nominated by Yes More Blogs for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you so much for nominating me!
The guidelines for this award are straightforward.
- Thank the blogger(s) that nominated you in the post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate 8-11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo on your post and/or in your blog
Questions from Yes More Blogs:
Short or long chapters?
I prefer short chapters because I like to wait for a chapter break to put a book down. When the book has 87-page chapters, I have to keep reading forever even if I’m falling asleep and then I won’t remember half of it anyway.
Favourite reading spot?
I like to read in bed with my cat. We also have a hammock in the middle of our house that I was totally opposed to for the first three years, but it’s starting to grow on me as a reading spot.
Best bookish moment?
Probably when I got an ARC of Renegades. I never expected to get such a hyped book and I’m honestly not sure how it happened!
Most books by one author?
According to Goodreads, it’s Francine Pascal (36), which is because I read the entire Fearless series one summer in high school. More recently it would be Krista & Becca Ritchie (15, soon to be 16 if I can ever find the time to read The Raging Ones).
Bookshop or online?
I usually buy online. I love talking to and getting recommendations from booksellers, but I have trouble saying no even when I know the book would be a bad fit.
Bookmarks or page fold?
Library or buy the book?
My bank account prefers the library but there are some books that I just have to own!
Let people borrow or guard with your life?
It depends on the book! I’m totally fine with lending out most of my books. There are some, though, like my signed hardcover of Starry Eyes, that are never ever leaving my shelf.
Favourite book of all time?
This is the hardest question of all time! I honestly don’t even think I can answer it. I’m actually working on a favorites page for my blog because I have so many of them.
Best book to movie adaptation?
I don’t watch a ton of movies, but Love, Simon was a great adaptation of Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda and I preferred the movie version of The Perks of Being a Wallflower over the book.
My nominated blogs are:
(I’m not doing 11 nominations, sorry.)
Your eleven questions:
- What’s a weird fact that you just happen to know?
- If you could pick one food that you’d never have to eat again, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite season of the year and why?
- You can have dinner with five famous people, alive or dead. Who do you pick?
- Imagine you have a personal assistant to do everything you hate or don’t want to deal with. What do you have them do for you?
- If you could teleport anywhere, where would you go right now?
- What’s the last book that you recommended to someone?
- What’s the last book that someone recommended to you?
- Used books or new books?
- Do you listen to audiobooks?
- Have you ever dreamed about a book? If so, which book?