I am always so happy to find out that I’ve been tagged in things, so a big thank you to Alyssa @ A Lovely Book Affair for tagging me in this one! I haven’t done this one yet and… my TBR is always kind of a disaster. My Goodreads account is really misleading, that’s for sure.
How do you keep track of your TBR list?
I have so many ways that I keep track of my TBR.
- Goodreads | I mostly use Goodreads to keep track of books that I want to eventually buy. I also add all the ARCs I’m approved for to my next-up shelf so I can keep track of them.
- My TBR page | I have a list here on my blog of all the books that I own that I need to read. It’s separated into low, medium, and high priority, but in reality, that doesn’t mean much and also I’ve been kind of terrible about updating it recently.
- Piles throughout my house | I have piles in my bedroom and my living room and in the little loft area on my second floor… basically I just have piles of books everywhere. Books I’ve already read are on my bookcases, but books I need to read just hang out all over my house.
- Sticky notes in my planner | If you’ve recommended me a book, I wrote it down on a sticky note and stuck it in the back of my planner. I actually open up this list all the time and randomly buy books from it even when I shouldn’t be spending any more money on books than I already have.
- The Libby app | I do a lot of impulsive library holds, so the Libby app is kind of a lifesaver. I get emails about books that I forgot I put holds on months ago, and then I forget that I have them because usually they’re ebooks. The Libby app at least shows me all of my library books in one nice list that’s sorted by due date.
- My… memory | In addition to my five other ways of keeping track of the books I want to read, I also have tons of books swimming around in the back of my mind!
Is your TBR mostly print or e-book?
Most of the books I own that I haven’t read are ebooks, because it’s easier to ignore books you can’t see than it is to ignore a pile of books staring you in the face while you get ready for work.
How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?
ARCs are always first, followed by library books, followed by reading challenges, followed by whatever the heck I feel like reading next. Sometimes that hierarchy goes straight out the window, though.
A book that has been on your TBR the longest
Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger! I bought it in high school and then totally forgot about it, lost it, and bought it again a few weeks ago. Hopefully I’ll be reading it soon this time.
A book that you recently added to your TBR
Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand is the last one I put on my Goodreads TBR.
A book on your TBR list strictly because of its beautiful cover
Probably Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore, which is in one of my piles. I only bought it because it’s pretty, so I hope it’s good.
A book on your TBR that you never plan on actually reading
I don’t think I have any books on my TBR that I don’t actually plan to read. I usually take books off my Goodreads TBR if I don’t want to read them anymore. I also fully intend to eventually read every book that I own.
An unpublished book on your TBR that you’re excited for
– Serious Moonlight by Jenn Bennett
– The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee
– WHAT IF IT’S US BY BECKY ALBERTALLI AND ADAM SILVERA!!!
– 99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne
– The Witch Elm by Tana French
A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read but you
The Name of the Wind, which I am going to get to very soon! As soon as I’m caught up on all these ARCs!
A book on your TBR everyone recommends you
Maybe Geekerella? I think a couple people have recommended that one to me.
A book on your TBR you’re very excited to read
I think I’m most excited to read Furyborn ever since I found out that Claire Legrand is the librarian at my library.
The number of books on your Goodreads TBR shelf
Only 143, which really isn’t bad. But, again, my Goodreads TBR is misleading.
Time for tags:
🖤 Rebecca 🖤 Daniel 🖤 Kalina 🖤 Kaleena 🖤 Gerry 🖤
Here’s my usual disclaimer that I hope you don’t feel pressured to do anything I tag you in! Feel free to ignore me if you don’t like tags or if you’ve already done this one. And if I didn’t tag you and you want to do it, YOU’RE TAGGED. Go ahead. And please link back to this post so I can see your answers. ❤