The Debut Author Challenge is a yearly reading challenge hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. Participants are encouraged to read twelve or more middle grade, young adult, and new adult debuts. To count toward the challenge, the books must be published in the year they’re read. Jana provides a helpful list of debuts if you’re interested in participating!
It’s almost the end of September, so that means it’s time to do another Debut Author Challenge check-in. I last checked in back in June and I’d read eight debuts. Now I’ve read thirteen, which means I not only met my goal of twelve, but I actually surpassed it with three months still left in the year!
I’m still planning to read more debuts this year, so I can’t wait to see how many debuts will be on my list by the end of December.
Read so far:
- Frat Girl by Kiley Roache
- A Conspiracy of Stars by Olivia A. Cole
- I Stop Somewhere by T.E. Carter
- Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young
- Love Scene, Take Two by Alex Evansley
- The Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven
- The Raging Ones by Krista & Becca Ritchie
- Kiss of the Royal by Lindsey Duga
- Always Never Yours by Emily Wibberley & Austin Siegemund-Broka
- Running With Lions by Julian Winters
- People Like Us by Dana Mele
- Darius the Great Is Not Okay by Adib Khorram
- How to Breathe Underwater by Vicky Skinner
Debuts I actually own that I’m hoping to read soon:
- The Queen’s Rising by Rebecca Ross
- The Astonishing Color of After by Emily X.R. Pan
- Down and Across by Arvin Ahmadi
- Ignite the Stars by Maura Milan
Books I might get from the library if I get a chance:
- You’ll Miss Me When I’m Gone by Rachel Lynn Solomon
- Nice Try, Jane Sinner by Lianne Oelke
- Love, Hate & Other Filters by Samira Ahmed
- Let’s Talk About Love by Claire Kann
Have you read any debuts this year? What’s been your favorite so far?
Am I missing any great debuts or should I strike some of these from my list?