In case you missed it, here are this week’s blog posts:
- 2019 Reading Challenges
- Best Nonfiction of 2018
- Review: Saga, Vol. 7 by Brian K. Vaughan
- Top Ten Tuesday: Most anticipated books for the first half of 2019
- Review: Always Forever Maybe by Anica Mrose Rissi
- ABC Book Challenge: L
- Reviews: Lip Service by Penny Wylder & First Night by Lauren Blakely
Tags this week:
I’ve been reading:
- PLAY by Piper Lawson
- The Past and Other Things That Should Stay Buried by Shaun David Hutchinson
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
- Nothing, but I should be getting my Book of the Month soon! 🙂
2 things this week:
- In an interesting turn of events, the six sentences I wrote about The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky are now my most popular review of all time (by views, at least). I wondered why and then I found out that it’s the first review when you Google the novella!!! My mind is blown.
- I watched Bird Box and… what was that. I was so disappointed. I was probably even more disappointed than I would have been because I’d heard multiple people raving about how good it was.
- Malanie shared her list of five books being published in 2019 that she wants to read and wow, I need Technically, You Started It in my life.
- Bree talked about tropes that need to go away and I agree with all of them, but especially all dudes being hot. I mean, come on, why is every love interest a sex god with rippling abs?
Song of the week:
So, first things first, I absolutely love Judah & the Lion. They released a new song this week and I really relate to it and I love it.
I think the first verse is my favorite:
What’s my purpose, huh?
What’s my future? I don’t know
These are the questions I address
Before I go to sleep
I wish my mind would turn off
With the lights on my TV screen
But here in the dark, everything off
I start to think
It gets hard to breathe