This year, I’m trying something new with my reading challenges! I’m going to do a monthly update to share my progress on all six challenges.
Monthly Motif is a reading challenge hosted by girlxoxo.
January’s theme was new to you author and I read three books toward this prompt:
- The Secret Loves of Geeks by Hope Nicholson
- Smart Tass by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
- Gmorning, Gnight! by Lin-Manuel Miranda
February’s theme is cover love and I don’t think I’ll have any problem with this one, but please feel free to recommend anything you’ve seen with a beautiful cover!
I read a total of ten books in January, which is kind of low for me, but still puts me two books ahead in my goal of reading 100 books in 2019.
Popsugar hosts a reading challenge every year. You can find out more information on their website.
Nine of the ten books that I read in January counted toward a Popsugar prompt. The prompts that I checked off include:
- a book written by a musician
- a book by two female authors
- a book that takes place in a single day
- a book with “love” in the title
- a book about a family
- a retelling of a classic
- a book set on a college or university campus
- a book that includes a wedding
- a book revolving around a puzzle or game
I’m pretty proud of myself for checking off so many prompts even though I didn’t read a ton of books.
Romanceopoly is a reading challenge hosted by Under the Covers and Peace Love Books.
I checked off four prompts in January. I’m having fun with this challenge, but it’s harder than I thought it would be!
The prompts I checked off include:
Modern Mrs. Darcy hosts a reading challenge every year. You can find more information on the website.
In January, I checked off a whopping one prompt (a book by an author who is new to you). I’m hoping to do better with this challenge in February!
It was a struggle, but I did manage to finish three books that have been on my TBR for more than three months! (I finished the third at 11:45pm on January 31, but at least I did it.)
- My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
- Play by Piper Lawson
- First Night by Lauren Blakely
How are you doing on your reading challenges? Do you have any recommendations for me? Let’s talk in the comments!