I love doing these Q&A kind of tags, so I was really happy to see that I’d been nominated by Susan for another round of The Liebster Award! Then, to make things even better, I was nominated a couple days later by Daniel! Thank you both! ❤
The Liebster Award Rules
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
11 random facts about me:
- The socks I’m wearing right now have cats and books on them (my two favorite things) and they were a gift from my boyfriend. ❤
- I have the most affectionate cat I’ve ever met. I chose her from the Humane Society (or, really, she chose me) when she jumped on my shoulders as soon as I walked in the room. Fifteen years later, she still loves to sit on people’s shoulders.
- I’m going to a bunch of concerts this year and I’m really excited about it! Coming up in the next couple months are twenty one pilots and Billie Eilish, and then I’ll also be seeing Sigrid this fall. I’m really hoping for a summer Bleachers show to be announced, too.
- I hate the taste of coconut but love the scent of it.
- I recently rode the world’s tallest rollercoaster and lived to tell the tale.
- I’m listening to What Would You Do by Bastille right now.
- Speaking of songs, every morning my best friend and I text each other the first song we heard when we woke up. Today my song was Buddy Holly by Weezer.
- My go-to music when I need to cheer up is really old Taylor Swift songs. I can’t even listen to Our Song or Mary’s Song without smiling.
- I’ve reached the point in my life where I’m just widely known as a crazy cat lady, so my boss will come up to me in the middle of the day and ask me for advice about his kitten and my coworker will send me pictures of every cat she crosses paths with.
- I’ve never been a big soda fan, but I really love drinking seltzer.
- Just within my line of sight right now are 75 books that I have to read.
11 questions from Susan:
Your favorite book/comic turned movie/TV show?
It’s pretty rare for me to both read and watch something, so let’s see… The most recent book I’ve read that’s been turned into a TV show was You. I absolutely loved that book even if it completely creeped me out. I haven’t seen the show, though.
What book /comic you want turned into a movie or tv show (that hasn’t already been announced as being in production)?
I would love to see The Hating Game turned into a movie, but I’d also be terrified that they’d ruin it.
What character do you most love to hate/hate to love?
I loved to hate Ambrose from The Name of the Wind!
Have you ever read a book where the bad guys win at the end (and I don’t mean if you are in the second book of a trilogy- they would have to win at the end of the trilogy or a stand-alone)? I ask because I have, and it is so rare and so remarkably brave for an author to do, in my opinion. I’d love to know if any are out there I don’t know about.
I don’t think so!
What authors have you tried and tried to read but decided just aren’t for you?
The one that I can think of off the top of my head is Penny Reid. I did enjoy one of her books, but none of the others. I think that’s more a case of “it’s not you, it’s me.”
Favorite Indie bookstores that everyone should visit (doesn’t have to be where you live- maybe you found them on vacation).
Two lesser-known bookstores that I really enjoy in NJ are Labyrinth Books in Princeton (I love their final copies sale section and the used books downstairs) and Booktrader in Hamilton (it’s so overwhelming but in a good way).
What was your “homerun book” aka… the book that hooked you into being a life long reader?
Oh, I’m not sure! My grandma used to read me a ton of Golden Books when I was really little, and that got me started on my love of books. I don’t think there was one single book that started it all.
Who is your reading companion (who is usually, if anyone/anything by your side when you read)?
This little lady. 🙂
What book OR TV show have you read/rewatched the most?
It’s pretty rare that I re-read books, but I have re-read Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret a few times. The TV show I’ve seen most is probably Freaks and Geeks since I’ve forced multiple people to watch the whole thing with me.
What book have you recommended the most to others?
Without a doubt, The Hating Game.
What book do you inwardly roll your eyes at when others say it is their favorite book?
I try really hard not to do this! I don’t like judging people based on their reading preferences. That said… probably Fifty Shades of Grey. I only made it through the first few chapters of this book (though I think a hate-read might be interesting) and I can just tell you that there’s much better-written erotica out there.
11 questions from Daniel:
Cake or non-cake donut?
For a normal breakfast donut, I’ll go with non-cake. But if I want more of an indulgence, there’s nothing better than a Brooklyn Blackout cake donut from the Doughnut Plant in Brooklyn.
What is you preferred milk type (two percent, whole, almond)?
I don’t really drink a lot of milk aside from half and half in my coffee, but if I’m getting something to put on cereal, I like unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
What’s the last book you checked out from the library?
Have you ever met anyone famous?
I’ve never met anyone who’s, like, Taylor Swift-level famous. But I did meet Broods last weekend and that was probably one of the most exciting things that’s ever happened to me.
What’s the last thing you’ve cooked or baked from scratch?
I believe that would be the pot pie that my boyfriend and I made for Easter. If we’re talking something that I alone made from scratch… I think that’s chicken and dumpling soup.
Biscuits or bagels?
Give me a bagel any day.
baby boi or BIG BOI? (refer to and include one above picture)
This is the hardest question I’ve ever been asked in my life, but I think I have to go with baby boi. He was just so tiny!!
If you could have dinner with one author that’s alive, who would it be?
Jenn Bennett! She seems so nice.
What is your most anticipated release of the year?
What’s been your most disappointing read this year, so far?
Probably The Umbrella Academy. It was so hyped and I just didn’t enjoy it at all.
What was the last song you listened to?
My questions for you:
- What’s the best book you’ve read so far this year?
- Which book that you already own are you most looking forward to reading?
- Which upcoming release are you most excited about?
- What’s your favorite TV show right now?
- What’s the last movie you watched and how was it?
- Are there any tropes that you just can’t resist?
- If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- Do you have any pets? If so, please feel free to share pictures!
- What kind of job could you never do?
- Coffee or tea, and how do you take it?
Please feel free to do this tag even if I didn’t nominate you! I’d love to see your answers! ❤ What’s the last thing you cooked or baked from scratch? Who is your reading companion? Let’s talk in the comments!