Thanks to Laura Beth @ Hot Shot Headlines for tagging me in this one! ❤
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer all the questions down below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about, to do this tag
1. Why did you start blogging & why have you kept blogging?
I feel like I’ve kind of beat the life out of this question in various tags over the last year, but here’s the short version: I moved to New Jersey, I knew no one, and I started reading a ton of books. I’d blogged about other things in the past, so I figured a book blog would be a reasonable thing to do!
I’ve kept blogging because I just enjoy it so much! Every day I get to have conversations with people who love books as much as I do. 🙂
2. What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
I think tags are my favorite! That and really snarky book reviews.
3. What are your top 3 favorite blog posts?
- Let’s Talk About: My spam problem
- Book review: Troll by Emma Clark
- It’s my one-year anniversary: I’m answering questions and doing an international giveaway!
4. What are some of your favorite things to do to relax?
The most relaxing thing for me is probably a hot bath with candles and a bath bomb. A phone call with my boyfriend also relaxes me really quickly, and so does a phone call with my mom (usually). For things outside of the house, I love looking around used bookstores and just going into a bunch of shops downtown and looking around. Oh, and massages! I hardly ever actually get a massage, but that’s always a great, relaxing experience.
5. What are 3 of your favorite things?
Not counting any humans or animals… books, chocolate, and my plants.
6. What are your proudest blogging moments?
There are some ARCs I’ve gotten that have made me really excited, like 99 Percent Mine and Renegades. The first time I was approached by a publicist was really very exciting. I think I may have yelped when I hit 1,000 followers. But I think what made me the most excited (and the proudest, and made me feel like my book blog was really succeeding) was when I asked for questions for my recent anniversary post and I got so many responses! ❤
7. What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
Sometimes I feel like I don’t really do anything aside from reading and blogging, but I suppose I do. I love baking. I love listening to music and I’ll sometimes get sucked into a black hole of clicking related artists on Spotify (especially when I start listening to emo music from when I was a teenager… that’s the most dangerous). I like watching movies with my boyfriend, though I don’t really watch any by myself. I also love going to this little cafe by where I used to live and looking at all the fun candies and cookies and specialty products that they sell.
8. Describe your personality in 3 words:
Crazy cat lady. 🐱
9. What are your top 3 pet peeves?
- I hate it when people don’t listen,
- I hate it when people don’t pay attention to (or just don’t care) about what’s going on around them, and
- I hate it when I have to painfully pull answers out of someone — don’t be dramatic, just tell me what you want me to know
10. What’s something your followers don’t know about you?
I feel like my followers know literally everything about me by now, but let’s see… you might not know that when I was in college, I worked part-time for the veterinary medicine program. I loved that job so much! They’d just call me when they wanted me to come in (and they were super flexible about the times and didn’t mind if I wanted to work from home) and I’d do things like transcribe audio from presentations before they uploaded them to their website, follow up with farmers who’d agreed to participate in research with the university, or proofread press releases before they went out. It was honestly the ideal job for me.
Please feel free to do this tag even if I didn’t tag you! (And if I did, no pressure whatsoever do it.) What are some of your favorite things? What do you like to do outside of blogging? Let’s talk in the comments!