I just wanted to send a big thank you to Ally for nominating me for The Liebster Award! If you’re not already following her blog, you’re really missing out. ❤
The Liebster Award Rules
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
11 random facts about me:
- I’m currently wearing cactus socks.
- I love kombucha and right now I’m drinking a Superberry from Brew Dr.
- I’m listening to Mother & Father by Broods as I type this.
- Sometimes I just look at my cat and make an actual 😍 face.
- I’ve had six cats in my life. I really like cats.
- I’m in the process of moving right now and I’ll be living alone for the first time in about seven years. I’m pretty excited.
- I think I read more graphic novels than actual books these days.
- I have a permanent bracelet on my left wrist.
- I don’t really think I’m that interesting of a person, but my life is often the topic of discussion at our weekly staff meetings at work.
- I use a different app to talk to everyone in my life. (Example: Snapchat for my boyfriend, regular texts for my best friend, Facebook Messenger for my mom, WhatsApp for my work bestie) I don’t do this on purpose, but it means I always know who’s trying to talk to me.
- I absolutely love coffee but I’m trying to cut down on how much I drink.
11 questions from Ally:
If you could acquire any ability, what would it be?
Well, my boyfriend lives 950 miles away and my mom and my best friend live 1,000 miles away. I’d like to acquire the ability to teleport.
What’s your perfect breakfast?
Oh my god, I love breakfast. My favorite breakfast is currently a ham and cheese crepe and cup of coffee from a restaurant downtown. My all-time favorite breakfast is stuffed french toast from a restaurant I lived by in college, but I moved and it closed and it’s my dream to recreate it someday.
What’s your phone background?
A picture of my boyfriend being cute. ❤
Who was your first favourite author?
I think I’d have to go with Tamora Pierce!
If you could use any spell from Harry Potter, which would it be and why?
Accio would be pretty useful for when I want something but don’t want to move.
If you could only name your children (or pets if you don’t want children) after the characters in a book series, which series and names would you choose?
I’d probably go with V.E. Schwab’s Shades of Magic series. I just really like the name Holland.
What’s something you’ve recently been obsessed with? Gush about it.
Lush! My obsession with Lush comes in waves, and it’s definitely in full force right now. I’ve been using their bath bombs for a few years now but recently I’ve gotten into their other products. I absolutely love their Bohemian bar soap (it smells like fresh lemons!) and their All Good Things solid perfume. I think I’m going to buy their Magic Crystals shower scrub and a massage bar the next time I’m there. I love Lush so much.
If you could require everyone to read one book, which book would it be?
Hot or iced coffee?
I’m usually good with just a cup of hot coffee with half and half. But in the summer, I really like an iced latte from time to time.
What was your favourite subject in school?
Very predictably, my favorite subject was English. I took double English classes my senior year of high school just because I could and I took a lit class as an elective almost every semester in college. For a less predictable answer, I also really loved band.
If you could tell your 15-year-old self one thing, what would it be?
Probably to calm down. Honestly. I was very worried about a lot of things that I didn’t need to be worried about and I’d probably just tell myself to calm down and have fun.
Since this is my sixth time doing this award and I’m not feeling particularly creative, I won’t be nominating anyone or coming up with a list of new questions. That said, please feel free to consider yourself nominated and answer Ally’s questions! What superpower would you choose? How do you take your coffee? Let’s talk in the comments!